The Office of Innovation and Development is thrilled to share with the Austin Schools community an amazing grant opportunity that our local grocer, H-E-B has offered for the past several years : the H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards !
What makes these Education Awards special is the recognition H-E-B lends to our education system and community here in Texas. H-E-B wants to celebrate our public school professionals who are dedicated to the learning excellence of our students. This year, they are awarding over $700,000 to schools all across Texas.
Take a look at Last Year's Finalists and give a Hoorah to the outstanding staff and campuses who won recognition funds ranging from $1,000-$10,000.
Do you know someone who is an outstanding educator? Participate now by nominating your favorite teacher, principal or district, or pat yourself on the back and register yourself! Check out the categories below for more information or here at H-E-B's Community Involvement website. Note: Nominations should be turned in early enough to allow the nominee to fill out application.
Teaching Award Categories, Deadline: January 6, 2012
- Rising Star Award: Less than 10 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $5,000 cash prize plus a $5,000 grant for his/her school.
- Leadership Award: 10 to 20 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $10,000 cash prize plus a $10,000 grant for his/her school.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: More than 20 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $25,000 cash prize plus a $25,000 grant for his/her school.
- 30 regional finalists will be awarded $1,000 each plus $1,000 for their schools.
- One elementary school and one secondary school principal will each receive a $10,000 cash prize plus a $25,000 grant for each of their schools.
- A total of 10 regional finalists will be awarded $1,000 each plus $2,500 for their schools.
District Award Categories, Deadline: January 6, 2012
- One large school district (4A and 5A) will receive $100,000 and one small school district (1A, 2A, and 3A) will receive $50,000.
- Five regional large district finalists will be awarded $5,000 each and three regional small district finalists will be awarded $2,500 each.
Early Childhood Award
The H-E-B Excellence in Education Early Childhood Award is designed to support public or private schools or not-for-profit learning agencies that focus on the care and education of children under the age of five. The purpose of the award is to offer support to help create or enhance Kinder Readiness programs that prepare children to enter Kindergarten socially and academically ready to learn. The 5 regional finalists will each be presented with a check for $5,000 to apply towards the enhancement of existing Kinder Readiness activities or creating new programs for the target population. The overall state winner will be announced and awarded an additional $25,000 grant to apply towards enhancing existing Kinder Readiness programs or creating a new program for the target population. Please complete all applications by January 6, 2012.
Healthy Campus Grant [PAST DEADLINE]
The H-E-B Excellence in Education Healthy Campus grant is designed to assist school campuses with resources and funding to increase health and nutrition education for their students. Grant monies are awarded to develop, implement and imporve activities and programs centered around the three pillars of H-E-B's statewide health improvement effort: Food, Body and Life. Twelve schools will be selected to receive a $15,000 grant that's paid out over three years. Please complete all applications by November 11, 2011.