Friday, June 1, 2012
Student Scholarship Opportunities
Here is a list of scholarships that have deadlines approaching. Four of the scholarships have deadlines in the next 30 days.
1) Fraser Institute Student Scholarship - $1,000 – 3 Awards (Deadline: June 30, 2012)
Showcase your ideas on public policy and the role of markets by writing an essay. Each year the Institute holds a competition for students, designed to encourage and develop student writers.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must write an essay on the 2012 topic chosen by the Fraser Institute.
Applications can be found by going to:http://www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php
2) 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline: June 30, 2012)
To be considered eligible for the Scholarship a student must be:
1. Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2012.
2. Answer question in 10 words or less on “Why you deserve the $500 scholarship?”
Applications can be found by going to: http://www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php
3) StorageMart Scholarships - $5,000 – 5 Awards (Deadline: June 30, 2012)
Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in the Fall 2012 semester at any college, university or institution of higher education. Submit an essay by the June 30th deadline. Essay must be 500 words or more. Scholarship Recipients will be notified no later than July 21st, 2012.
Applications can be found by going to:http://www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship/10255/storagemart_scholarships_scholarship.php
4) Delete Cyberbullying Scholarship - $1,500 – 2 Awards (Deadline: June 30, 2012)
In an effort to get students committed to the cause of deleting cyberbullying, we are offering the Delete Cyberbullying Scholarship Award for high school and college students. Students may win one of two $1,500 scholarships for educational expenses.
Applications can be found by going to: http://www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship/10235/delete_cyberbullying_scholarship_award_scholarship.php
5) Digital Innovation Scholarship - $1,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: August 12, 2012)
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
1. Write a 500 word essay describing your personal experience with internet entrepreneurship or the importance of new ideas in the digital realm. Topics could include user experience, visual design or any other aspect of digital information you find interesting.
6) Odenza Marketing Group Fall Scholarship - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline: September 30, 2012)
To be considered eligible for the Odenza Marketing Group Fall Scholarship you must:
1. Be between the ages of 16 and 25 on September 30, 2012
2. Submit answers to the essay questions, which can be found on the application page, prior to the September 30, 2012 deadline.